Sunday, May 17, 2009

STAROBA NS/MALACCA DINNER

About 80 people including spouses and children attended the dinner held at STAR Fresh Chinese Muslim Restaurant in Seremban last nite. STAROBA President, YB Hamzah Zainuddin was there as early as 815 pm. The event took off slowly and the numbers grew towards the end, thanks and no thanks, to another event - a wedding ceremony - that was also held within the same vicinity - at Spanish Villa, Senawang by Zainal Mat Isa (69 Batch). The food was okay but not the place, if you asked my opinion. With noises coming from the main eating area (actually life music from a guy behind his music machine, spoiling what seemed to me quite a momentos nite for an old boy gathering session. Speeches by YBhg. Dato Ishak Ismail (Jack Palace) and from YB President had some jokes and a few anecdotes from life experience in Tiger lane. One thing for sure. Lucky me I did not bring my spouse or children along, otherwise I would have to do a bit of explaination to do to them when both speakers came out with words that were too familiar to us in school but not to them. I think it was uncalled for, well yes we did love to the jokes, reminiscing those confined years in Tiger Lane but having to tell and share them with your spouses and children is rather difficult. 'Road check' (or was it rochek), Jublee Park, 'kopi korek' - were amongst those came out during the speech. I hope these things wont be repeated at the Old Boys' Week to be held in Ipoh next month. Anyway, only three of us (Rustam, Rahim Osman and me from batch 73) attended the function. Apart from me, there were four others (Batch 73) from Negri Sembilan; Zulkifli Siraj (Ajoi), Omar Abdullah, Abdul Khalim Rashid (Dr.) and Mohd. Yusoff Abu Bakar (Che Chop). Apart from Omar and Khalim, we have not heard nor see both Ajoi and Che Chop, for almost 36 years!!. InsyaAllah, next month perhaps, during OBW in Ipoh.

No comments: