Friday, October 3, 2008

Ramos keeps faith in Spurs


Under-fire Tottenham boss Juande Ramos is determined to turn the club’s season around after their worst league start for 53 years.
Ramos was in the spotlight after fans turned on him during the 2-0 defeat at Portsmouth last Sunday, although there was no suggestion from within the club that his position is insecure.
Spurs’ efforts to do so start in Poland against Wisla Krakow on Thursday when they look to reach the group stages of the UEFA Cup by defending a 2-1 lead.
Then they face Hull at the weekend in their attempt to climb off the bottom of the Premier League. ... MORE.
________________________
The headline should have been 'Spurs keeps faith in Spurs' instead. Spurs has themselves to blame for the poor start to their Premier League campaign this season. It is expected actually when the management decided to sell off and dump Keanne, Berbatov and Defoe. I pray hard that Ramos can turn around the team and to get them out of the danger zone, the soonest possible.
I became a fan of Spurs since the days of Martin Peters - yes, you guessed correctly, eversince the 60's. I remembered going through the Shoot magazine at Mubaruk Bookstore, Ipoh old town, during my schooling days, just to catch the 'latest' news on English football especially so on my fav footballer - Peters. I cant remember the price though but I did make the order from the bookstore for the Shoot magazine to be sent by post. I spent nearly all my allowances buying this magazine, can you imagine that. Anyway, it was because of Martin Peters that I became a Spurs fan. Having witnessed how Peters helped England captured the 1966 World Cup, to me then, there was no other and better players in England than Martin Peters. Of course, eventually Spurs had other 'Star' players as well, such Hoddle, Gascionne, Ardilles, Villa, Archibald, Teddy Sheringham, Anderton, Campbell, David Ginola, Linekar and Klinsmann. But nothing compares to Martin Peters.
Audere est Facere (lit: "To Dare Is to Do")

No comments: