Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pride and prejudice

Datin Azrene Abdullah is determined to carry on Datin Paduka Seri Endon Mahmood’s work to eradicate prejudices and increase awareness of breast cancer.

DATIN Azrene Abdullah, chairman of Pride Foundation, is the daughter-in-law of the late Datin Paduka Seri Endon Mahmood. “She taught me that, in the end, the testimony of your life lies in the lives you touch,” says Azrene.Like Endon, Azrene has made it her calling to strive for breast cancer awareness through Pride Foundation, a charity body that aims to increase awareness efforts and improve accessibility to treatment and care for breast cancer patients at all levels of society. .. MORE

(Aricle by INTAN MAIZURA AHMAD KAMAL )

________________________

I lost my sister in -law way back in 1992 because of breast cancer. What arwah Normah had endured during her fight against cancer was beyond words and belief. She knew about the cancer whilst doing her Master's degree at UPM. I remembered the final week when she came to the house and brought along all her baju kurungs and telling my wife that she couldnot fit into any of those dresses because she was loosing weight and too kurus. She asked my wife to pick the one she likes and sedekah the rest. Little did we know that her time was coming! It was on a Friday, when I received the a call from my other-half, in her choking voice informing me that Normah had passed away. She was in the hospital as usual doing her treatment and had gone alone.! There was no one around during her final minutes except hospital staffs.
Her boys did well, in fact very well in their studies especially the youngest one, Iwan. He was about 3 years old when her mother left him. Al-Fatihah. To Azrul, Azrin and Iwan.. take care!

No comments: